Community Medicine Faculties Association was registered Under the Tamil Nadu Societies Registration Act, 1975, Reg No: 44/2012. Joining as a member in the Associationprovides an opportunity to publish articles in NJRCM and involve in other professional activities of COMFA. Filled Membership form to be sent to email@example.com.
The basic Aims & Objectives of Community Medicine Faculties Association:
- To promote scientific and educational activities towards the advancement of the theory and practice of community medicine and public health and related sciences.
- Working for the service of mankind and the advancement of general welfare by strengthening community medicine, public health and related science
- To promote the welfare of the faculties of community medicine, public health and related sciences.
- To bring together Researchers, Scientists, Doctors, Scholars and Students in the areas of Medical and Dental, and provides a forum for the dissemination of original research results, new ideas, Research and development, practical experiments, which concentrate on both theory and practices, for the benefit of common man.
- To promote interchange of information, in the above disciplines and sub-disciplines, amongst the specialists and between specialists and the public.
- To Encourage and assist the professionals engaged in the above fields to maintain the integrity and competence of the profession and Foster a sense of partnership amongst the professionals, engaged in these fields.
- To foster and conduct collaborative interdisciplinary research in state-of-the-art methodologies and technologies within its areas of expertise.
- To improve the common man’s life by developing new innovative ideas, tools or models or products of their need. This new ideas and knowledge may be disseminate to common man by organizing conferences, workshop, seminars and/or awareness programs and by publishing high quality academic international Books, or Journals, or Magazines or Tracts/Pamphlets on any subjects/topics, which is related to the overall growth/improvement/uplift of all sections of the society.
- To encourage regional and international communication and collaboration; promote professional interaction and lifelong learning; recognize outstanding contributions of individuals and organizations; encourage scholar researchers to pursue studies and careers in circuit branches and its applications.
- To promote research that highlight successful modern applications of community medicine and public health and related sciences..
- To hold and conduct Diploma / Certificate / Degree Courses and Classes and organize Lectures, Conferences, Seminars, and Competitions for the betterment of society and to equip one person to face this world in much better/skilled way; To give Scholarships for the needy/under-privileged section of the students for their education, research and developmental activity; also to hold awards to promote education, research and developmental activity in the area of the interest.
- To set up, establish, maintain and manage centers of excellence for the study of /on related subjects and discipline and also to run self-supporting projects for the benefit of needy persons, irrespective of their caste, creed or religion.
- To acquire or purchase, taking on lease or hire any movable and immovable property for the purpose of the Society.
- To receive and accept offerings, donations, grants, loans, from interested persons, welfare organizations, banks, other charitable societies, trusts, etc. and from State and Central Governments and other national and international institutions/ bodies, subject to the rules and regulations of the Government and other authorities.
- To recruit and train suitable persons for rendering service to needy people groups.
- To offer technical and financial co-operation and help benevolent schemes which directly help the needy section of the society of any societies and trust of our objectives as well as the same privileges.
- To function and co-operate with other like-minded national and International organizations and use their good offices for furthering the objects of the society and serve the community at large.
The main activities of the Association shall include:
- Representing and speaking on behalf of community health professionals.
- Encouraging and participating in the training of health professionals.
- Participating in raising health awareness in the community.
- Encouraging and supporting scientific research and conducting conferences, workshops and symposia on health issues.
- Seeking scholarships and soliciting funds for training of health professionals.
- Giving technical support and advice to the health authorities.
- Participating in planning and coordinating health activities with other organizations.
- Conducting social and recreational activities to enhance relations among the health professionals.
- Organizing fund-raising activities.
Eligibility of membership:
- Any person possessing medical qualification as defined in the Indian Medical Degrees Act 1916 (Act VII of 1916)and duly registered under the Medical Council Act, as amended from time to time, in any of the state medical council in India, will be eligible for membership.
- Any person possessing the post graduate in public health and social science and Diploma in Public Health.
The membership form is available here. Click: Membership form
Transaction of business of the association:
The Transaction of the business shall be carried through the office bearers of the executive committee of the Association.
Journals of the association:
The Journal of the Association shall be under the charge of the executive committee members. The Editorial team of the journal will be decided by executive team members.
Journal name: Community Medicine Faculties Association National journal of research in Community medicine of India. RNI, ISSN Assigned.
GSTRegistration Number :33AADAC7481K1ZK
Membership form is available here:
Member details: All the members are requested to register in our portal with their membership number.
COMMUNITY MEDICINE FACULTIES ASSOCIATION (COMFA),
29/2 (New no.60) Rettaikuzhi Street,
Tondiarpet, Chennai – 600 081.